Re: Feats, falling

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 08:39:59 -0700

> As if HQ characters expected to get their Movement affinity up to W7 or so
> after a bit of play, and could then jump off the odd W4 cliff without
> worrying about it?

Right.

> "An initiate can improvise any named feat in the affinity..."
>
> Well, it doesn't actually *say* "from their own cult", but I'd rather
taken
> that for granted. You're getting the power to do this from your deity,
after
> all. Otherwise anyone with a Combat affinity looks round for any feat from
> any other Combat affinity, and all the cults just merge into one.

Agreed that I'm taking a much more liberal view of the rule than you. For me, it all ultimately comes down to Movement being one of Orlanth's Adventurous' main affinities, shared among all his subcults. And that an initiate isn't as "tied" to one subcult-god as a devotee is. "Fall Softly" and "Rock Jumping" are additional feats for the Movement Affinity - Initiates of Orlanth Adv. subcults can't *learn* them, but I say they can *use* them (subject to improv penalties, per page 118). The benefit of Devoting to Tatouth is that you *do* get to learn them, and use them at full value.

It comes from how Orlanth worship is subcult-oriented, rather than single-god oriented.

RR
- Richelieu