Re: Drawing of whitewall...

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 08:31:02 -0000

I wrote

Jane wrote

> >And this was a permanent effect around WW in your game, I
believe, post-Bat?

> >That's a thought for the group - do we want to adopt this as a
general
> >concept? I like it, myself, but can see possible balance problems
in gaming
> >with parties where some PCs have wind magic (what's affected,
presumably)
> >and others don't. Rob, you had a mix in your pary - how did that
work out?

And Donald wrote

> If we do that's going to mean the Lunar characters are going to
need
> bumping up to give adequate opposition. The Lunar magic is balanced
> in that it varies from day to day so players can choose their
timings,
> a permanent full time effect requires greater opposition with the
> danger of a silly power race.
>
> Donald Oddy
> http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/

My reply

I came up with the super magic effect as a reason that the Orlanthi were able to hold out against such odds for so long. When I ran the assault on WW by Tatius after he turned up, the attack was on a full moon, with magicians and moon boats filled with Lunar champions. The Orlanthi gave them a pasting, and continued to do so, almost driving them off. Hence the very large military and magical build up over the next year and a half or so.

Regards
Rob