Re: Timelines.

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 13:04:11 +0100 (BST)

> Has everyone got as far as the Siege in their
> ongoing games/campaigns
> yet? We are currently at Shaker's Temple, which is
> being stoically
> defended against the Lunar Pathfinders & Local Tarsh
> recruits.
> All the players in our game have actually played
> during the seige
> and afterwards too, even post Starbrow, but we tend
> to enjoy going
> back and forth, as we get to meet PC's we created
> years ago!
> Do people normally play more laterally than this I
> wonder? Just curious.

Well, we're moving forwards in time, not back and forth, if that's what you mean. We all keep writing backstory for PCs (and NPCs) that might be set at any point in the last 20 years or so, but not gaming through it.

The Swords campaign has the start of Whitewall in back-story, and I hope will have the end of Whitewall still to come. Certainly there will be links, and we may even visit the ruins after it's fallen. But at the moment, we're in Pavis immediately post-Cradle.

Jane Williams