Re: Jumping off Cliffs

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_...>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 10:18:21 -0000

Jane:
> Or does your Glorantha have some sort of feat supermarket?

Also, the rules examples do have a very 'live-and-let-live', easygoing  style when discussing gaining new magical abilities, and yep, feats can be cheap. They're joyous fun, but one can go beyond them.

My favourite is the 'Hengal Joins Natha' on page 117. I applaud 'Rick' for asking 'Kathy' if Gerendetho's Lodrilite-Kostaddi synthesis of spraying yourself with urine, hot-headed pelvic thrusting, back-slapping and laddish cameraderie is analagous to the transcendental and cyclic Sedenyic philosophies of Lunar combat.

Mate, if you can go on a heroquest to prove that these affinities (born of myth) are synonymous, then more power to you! Heck, that'll one fun game: "The Illuminated Billy-Goat of Vengenace Heroquest".

But I suppose it is more to do with the note that an affinity is linked to a rune, and therefore a more universal and fundamental stratum in the Gloranthan (God Learner!) reality. Still made me smile, though.

Stu.