Re: Re: Jumping off Cliffs

From: Scott Rogers <amaretto_sirloin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 05:53:58 -0700 (PDT)

Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote: Yes, you *can* learn a feat in double-quick time under certain special circumstances. I even had a mini-scenario idea for WW that did just this. Crimson glow approaching, some Vingan in a rather obscure subcult thinks "Defender Wind might slow it down a bit". She now *wants* to teach it to as many Vingans as she possibly can, fast! And she's got support and backing from Broyan and Kallyr (who's one of the pupils).

Under those circumstances, I think I'd allow a day. With that level of support and desperation, I think it could be done.

Yes, now that the circumstances are outlined, it makes good sense (and productive game mechanics). My gripe is with a rule in general, ie: in the course of a "normal" campaign. What you describe above is the mother of all battles in a Helm's Deep stylee!

There is no reason that a character cannot "master" non-magical feats (archery,run far, never tire, load catapult etc) in a day or two under these circumstances too (especially if we manage to factor in adrenaline and so forth..)

Right, Scott's happier now! Thanks!

Jane Williams