Re: Kathy

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 12:05:25 -0700

> Well, we don't want the *Welsh*, fer crying out loud! :-)

>Speaking as someone who married one...

I feel so sorry for you. ;-) Does he sing, at least?

(of course, I've got a splash of welsh in my ancestry as well, but it's on my father's mother's side).

>Given that the Orlanthi are at least in part a Celt/Norse mix analogue, why
>on earth not??

It's perfectly okay to use a particlar type of name for some other group. Maybe the Ralian orlanthi have Welsh and Irish names...

> Meaning: pure and virginal

>Does that work for your Kathy?

Well, she has two daughters, so "Virginal" doesn't quite fit :-).

>I'm not familiar enough with the Lunar cults... But how about someone on
the
>Lunar side, but *so* sweet, nice, pure, etc. that she can actually get away
>with wandering around *both* sides? Sounds like a healer on first glance,
>me. Also sounds like too much of a clich� at the moment, but I'm sure that
>won't last.

She could also be neither Orlanthi nor Lunar - a gal from the Matriarchies of Esrolia? An Aeolian? Got a spare Chalana Arroy type that needs a name? Other ideas might be: Ulerian (bringing relief to both sides), Entertainer (of the non-sexual kind), Trader, or Holy Person that lives under the mountain and has nothing to do with the battles over the Inner Air.

RR
- Richelieu