RE: Re: Kathy

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 00:26:14 +0100

> > Right. Having been told that "Owain" is "not a Heortling
> name" (???)
> would
> > someone who understands these things like to tell me where "Kathy"
> is from?
> > And do we place her on the Orlanthi or Lunar side?
>
> If I recall, Greg's house campaign had a player character
> named "Betty", which had to be retrofitted to (Leika) "Beti" in order
> to sound less ... stupid.:)

For "stupid", read "carrying inappropriately modern associations", perhaps? Yes, I know, it's longer :(

At least it had a sensible number of syllables. And a quick job of re-spelling it seems to have done the trick.

How else can we spell "Kathy" to aid this? "Kathi", to use the same rule?

RR? Does the real lady have a surname we can mangle?