Re: Re: Kathy

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 17:07:08 -0700

> How else can we spell "Kathy" to aid this? "Kathi", to use the same rule?

There are a number of variations on Catherine/Cathleen:

Catriona, Catrine, Caitlin, Ekaterine/Ekaterina, Cat, Kate, Kati (Katey), Katti (Cat-ty), etc.

Besides the 'r'-'l' slide, You can also play with 'd' or 'th' instead of 't', and 'C', 'K', 'Qu' "or just 'Q' as the initial letter. 'n' can easliy slide into 'm'. (And this is how *I* make up names...)

> RR? Does the real lady have a surname we can mangle?

Koch, (pronounced "coke", not "cotch") is her married name, Shaw was her maiden name.

RR
- Richelieu