RE: Talking Torcs (and swords and runes)

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 13:49:22 GMT

In message <20050626224857.TASQ23101.aamta10-winn.ispmail.ntl.com_at_homemaster> "Jane Williams" writes:

>> If you openly wear a major rune, especially a minority or
>> disturbing rune -
>> WOOOOO! Its like a slap in the face to everyone who sees its, a real
>> fear/respect/warning factor. You better have the power to back it up.
>> Stickpickers don't wear death runes. Well if they do, they become
>> self-fulfilling prophecies. Live stockpickers don't wear death runes.
>
>That makes sense to me.
>
>And it's a shame, because slapping a few Runes on is such a nice easy
>way of "labelling" a wargames figure, or indeed a virtual model :(

So just use the mainstream and less disturbing runes. I've painted about 20 fyrdmen all with different runes on their shields, some indicate their usual occupation while others indicate a wife's blessing or whatever.

Only a fanatic would use a death rune, even a Vingan rune is a challenge to every young lad in the clan.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/