Re: Re: Earth faction in WW

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 17:47:01 -0400

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 20:33 +0000, Rob wrote:

> I wonder how much this has to do with the Lunar overlords not
> putting much stock in tribes ruled by women, feeling that they might
> be more easily manipulated and/or less likely to foster rebelion.
> HOw likely that would be in a society which includes Jar-Eel and all
> those other tough women I wouldn't like to say.

I can't see that being the case. Kallyr led a rebellion. As you say, they have Jar-Eel currently, and others in the past all the way back to the Goddess herself as examples. I don't think the Lunars underestimate women. Even if you think the overlords have a heavy Tarshite bent (more than just Lunar), Tarsh has a long tradition of powerful women.

Can't see it being the case, myself.

LC