Re: Treasures

From: donald_at_...
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 02:17:43 GMT

In message <db1nm7+lopq_at_...> "pmaclanderson" writes:

>Not to mention Sartar's sword: the real one, the one he swore never to
>use. (Best to prepare this by having Lunar newbies sold "Sartar's
>sword" on every street of Boldhome - they don't know any better.)

A sword strikes me as a rather expensive thing for a con-artist to use in that way. I think they'd find something cheaper to make or acquire.

Reminds me of the old joke about the US tourist in Ireland. Just as he's leaving a man offers him a fabulous treasure - the skull of Brian Boru - a bargain at only 25 quid. So he buys it. On his next trip he sees the same man who offers him another fabulous treasure - the skull of Brian Boru. "Didn't you sell me that last time I was here? and anyway that skull is smaller than the other". To which the reply is "Well spotted, this one is from when he was a little boy".

We have a King Broyan who's skull would be quite valuable to the Lunars.....

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/