Factions at Whitewall

From: Charles Corrigan <charles_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:36:07 -0000

Here are my initial thoughts on the organisational structure at Whitewall. This needs a lot more effort and has already raised some substantial questions in my mind.

Broyan

Kallyr

Some people will have multiple links to Broyan and/or Whitewall - for example, it is possible that Leika has a direct relationship with Broyan and an indirect relationship through Kallyr.

Who vouches for Orgwaha Blue Llama?

Roganvarth and Rana should have a relationship with the Heler temple (we do have one, don't we?)

Switching to the publications, who is at Whitewall?

Barbarian Adventures

Orlanth is Dead

Notes and Questions
(*1) I suspect that there is a lot of overlap between a. the Hendreiki Ring and the Volsaxar Ring b. the Volsaxar Ring and the Volsaxi Ring but not necessarily between the Hendreiki Ring and the Volsaxi

(*2) I assume that Broyan is king under Vingkotling rituals rather than Heortling rituals and so must be a member of the ruling bloodline. However, we now know that he quested for the Sword of Vingkot, the Helm of Vingkot and has the tattoos of the Kodigvari clan (Kodig was Vingkot's son and heir) - so he has proven his relationship to Vingkot without necessarily ever being a member of the Darvolsaxi.

(*3) How does Broyan put off the accusations of adultery? Could Broyan have found a ritual, in the role of Vingkot, to qualify Scathach as his Winter Wife and Meloise as his Summer Wife? Alternatively, could Scathach be a recently ex-Year Wife that has decided to stick around to stick it to the Lunars (or to ensure that Broyan eventually sticks to the Esrolians or some other interesting plot?

(*4) Would Kallyr offer positions on the Iron Ring of Sartar to Leika and Beneva. I suspect that she did, but Beneva turned her down. But what is the relationship between Kallyr and Leika?

Regards,
Charles