RE: Factions at Whitewall

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 07:35:48 +0100

> Broyan

See Jeff's comments on him - we're best leaving this area until he and Greg have got things a bit more stable.

> Kallyr
> - Leader of the Iron Ring of Sartar
> - Leader of Personal Household
> - Patron to Natalina

Also queen of the Kheldon.
And she seems to try to take on some of the responsibilties that the Prince of Sartar would have (yes, that was "responsibilities", not "authority"), so she'll "look after" any Sartarites who don't have any other representation of their own.
A lot of the Vingans see her as a cult leader, though she's trying to delegate that to Natalina.

> - Minaryth Purple - I begin to think that he is mostly not there

Agreed, though he stays in touch.

> - Gyffur Ulfsson - I know that we have a story about him being there
> but I suspect that he is not there most of the time

And when he *is* there, he's trouble. Broyan can control him. Kallyr might, just, on a good day. Everyone else thinks of him rather the way the Lunars think of the Bat.

> - Orngerin Thundercape - yes (canonically)

Canonically? I'm delighted to know it, but what's the reference?

> (*4) Would Kallyr offer positions on the Iron Ring of Sartar to Leika
> and Beneva. I suspect that she did, but Beneva turned her down. But
> what is the relationship between Kallyr and Leika?

Alters during the siege, I think. And during the years before that, of course!

Beneva hates Kallyr, that doesn't change. Leika starts off as effectively a client of Benava's, totally dependent on her influence to have any chance of getting the Colymar throne back. By 1626 Leika is one of Kallyr's supporters. I'm not sure when or why this changes - there will be various things triggering a gentle shift during the siege, but how far she changes her opinion and when is pretty vague. And possibly dependent on player action!

AFAIK the hatred is one-sided, BTW.
Kallyr thinks Benava has a point, but is over-reacting (her beloved husband got himself killed, he didn't need any help). Benava's power as an Earth priestess is useful to WW and Broyan, so she'll avoid antagonising her any more than necessary. (Except when she and Broyan have a plan that goes "you take side A of the argument, then Benava will automatically take side B, which is where we want her).

And her attitude to Leika starts, at least as "silly little girl, now, how can we use her?"