Re: Organisational structure inside Whitewall

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 06:03:54 -0000

Howdy -

Charles and I are probably actually pretty close to the same POV, but naturally I all can do is write about where we disagree.:)

> In my opinion, a substantial number of the Satarites (about 50%?)
> have some relationship (direct or indirect) to Kallyr and will be
> happy to be under her command.

See, I think a substantial number of Sartarites are willing to defer to Kallyr but are not under her command. She's the senior Sartarite warleader, but that's not the same thing as being their own leader.

Frex, imagine the Alynx Brotherhood heroband of the Colymar are at Whitewall. It is a small heroband - maybe 30+ members. Now Kallyr is an extremely inspirational leader and, as a result, their leader would tend to support Kallyr and follow her lead, but she is not their commander. Nor is Leika. Now if their chief was made a member of the Ring of Sartar, then maybe they would acknowledge Kallyr as their "tribal" leader.

> Just to make it clear, I do not necessarily think that there are
> multiple huge armies here, more like a huge collection of small
> warbands, with every leader of 10 men looking to be treated as a
> major captain by Broyan.

Exactly!

> After a while, a hierarchy will emerge and Kallyr will be one of
the
> major commanders, probably second after Broyan.

Heck, I suspect that Kallyr may well be one of Broyan's chosen warleaders (maybe even war-thane) from the beginning.

Jeff