Re: Re: Organisational structure inside Whitewall

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 12:51:36 +0100 (BST)

> --- In whitewall_at_yahoogroups.com, "Mark Galeotti"
> <mark_at_g...> wrote:
> > Comrades!
> >
> > Just a quick perspective from the lurker's shadow;
> [snip]
>
> What a wonderful lurker you are! Great stuff Mark.

I knew there was something else I intended to say - yes, seconded. Thanks.

> Maybe one of the
> biggest blunders that Broyan and Kallyr made was
> teleporting onto the back of the Crimson Bat.

Good point. Personally I think at least one of them had to, without leadership from the front at that point no-one would have gone at all, and given Orlanthi prejudices, staying leader thereafter, having apparently been a coward, would have been very hard. But yes, the consequences were bad.

> but we know that at the Battle of Queens, Kallyr is
> killed behind the
> troop lines while directing the units. Perhaps she
> learnt what a
> disaster it was having Broyan incapacitated the way
> he was, and how
> much worse it would have been if he had died,

Although there was also the point that she'd been injured in her SLBQ - I assume in some serious and long-term way, or it would have been taken for granted, healed up, and not mentioned. Possibly she just wasn't up to fighting in the front lines. Maybe both were factors. Plus various other people with more sense sitting on her....

Jane Williams