RE: Re: Broyan Soprano

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:37:30 +0100

> Mark was asking about blunders and I suspect this is one of Broyan's
> - he offends someone badly with a decision and they change sides
> taking important information as well as a fair number of warriors.
> I'd place this in early 1621 when Tatius is beginning to put the
> pressure on.

Maybe, but I think I'd have a similar incident quite early, too. The trouble with saying "I'm the boss here and if you don't like it, leave", is that the people who do just that are usually the ones you wanted to keep. After that, Broyan might learn a few lessons about tact.

Come to think of it, that was similar to a Kallyr blunder, too. At least, one she managed in the Swords game, and it's easy enough to make it generic. Remember those Humakti who were there in the early part of the siege to stand off the Shargashi? Kallyr had the bright idea of using them as the anvil part of a two-pronged Ambush. Without warning them what she was up to. Remember how Humakti feel about ambushing? Some of them died on the spot due to unintentionally breaking a geas, the rest decided that that was enough, and they were leaving Whitewall. Broyan at his most persuasive convinced them not to execute Kallyr on their way out.

In your game, maybe they changed sides?