Re: Volsaxi clan names?

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 21:34:59 -0000

> Say early to mid 1620, for the specific question I'm after at the
moment.

OK, so by then the Lunar power is obvious to the most obtuse and the foreign king Rikard Tiger-hearted has been replaced by the Esvulari king Bandar Tiger-Bane. By this time, many Hendreiki are giving up any hope that Broyan (who most believe is their true and lawful king) will be able to hold out, let alone defeat the Lunars. Some warriors might still try to come to Broyan's aid (but few can get through the Lunar lines) - most are just readying themselves for the worst.

> > There are a lot of folk in Volsaxiland and in the rest
> > of Heortland who acknowledge Broyan as the lawful High King of
the
> > Hendreiki. Obviously, Rikard the Tiger-hearted, Bandar Tiger-
Bane
> > and other Lunar puppet kings disagree and discourage folk in
their
> > areas from aiding Broyan.
> Of course. So when we have PCs helping guard supply caravans to
WW, those
> caravans could be coming from these areas, and having to be
guarded against
> said puppet kings?

Sure, although by mid-late 1620, those supply caravans will likely be few and far between. Maybe Broyan and his chosen warriors survive on divine splendorbread and widebrew.:)

> > But many folk know that Broyan was acclaimed High King of the
> > Hendreiki at Whitewall, the first in many centuries. Many folk
know
> > that Broyan carries the Sword and Helm of Vingkot and sports the
> > tattoos of the Kodigvari. Even if they are too far away or too
> > oppressed to help, there are many Volsaxi and Hendreiki that
> > acknowledge Broyan as their true king.
> Would they perhaps allow individual warriors to go and fight,
without being
> able to act more openly? Would they be able to send a warband?

Some might. It depends on what they can get away with. Remember, central Heortland has been (and is still being) ravaged by scorpionmen from the Print, which tends to distract a lot of the fiercer folk...

Jeff