Re: Volsaxi clan names?

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 15:40:04 -0000

> > Also, everything written on WW is going to be subject to
change.

> Everything?

OK, not everything, but "a lot" is potentially subject to change.

> Unless you can manufacture splendorbread and widebrew for 4000
people, yes.
> By the time we're down to the last few dozen, in those last few
weeks, I'll
> believe it, but not in early 1620!

At this point, I'm not sure how much the defenders of WW are really even on the mundane plane. I suspect you are right, but it is worth trying to rethink the story.

> And there was raiding between Volsaxi and Sartar in the 1613-
1619 "gap" -
> mind you, no doubt Sartarite clans were raiding each other, and
Volsaxi
> clans were raiding each other, so this doesn't mean a lot.

And it may have been focused on certain clans that were sucking up to the Lunars.

> > Broyan might be
> > probably the first powerful High King at Whitewall since
Hardrard
> > the Green.
> I think we'd been assuming this?

My point was that Broyan has reversed the Volsaxi-Sartarite relationship. Normally, ambitious Volsaxi look to the Sartarites for patronage and support. Broyan has got ambitious Sartarites looking to the Volsaxi for patronage and support.

Jeff