Re: Re: Volsaxi clan names?

From: donald_at_...
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:08:25 GMT

In message <df0ahi+f2lv_at_...> "Jeff Richard" writes:

>At some point, this may have become more of an otherworldly event
>for the Orlanthi defenders. Late in the siege, it appears the
>defenders weren't really on the mundane world - they had managed to
>leave WW altogether for Ice Refuge. When that cross-over happens,
>I'm not sure. It probably hadn't happened by early 1620 and it
>probably had happened by mid 1621. Regardless, I expect that things
>got very surreal for many of the Orlanthi, with gods and heroes
>showing up.

I'd see the changeover happening early 1621 or maybe right at the end of 1620. Supplies from outside dry up so the ordinary Orlanthi have to leave or starve. Those who can survive by eating in Orlanth's hall on the hero plane can switch back and forth between the mundane and hero planes. Probably means we should revise the garrison figures for 1621 downwards.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/