Re: Vanity domains

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:43:17 +0100

> My first thought is that it's valuable
> a) because it's memorable
> b) because of the redirect - if we need to move the wiki, we just
> change one redirect, not dozens of links on other people's sites.

Whether it's worth �24 a year to be "memorable" is surely your call.

But I doubt the redirect argument holds water. I've had (and encouraged use of) "etyries.com" for years, now, and people *still* keep linking to my (old) btinternet.com personal site. (Not to mention the undead RQ-era sites which link to my (seven years dead) CompuServe home page...)

Cheers, Nick