Re: Sylangi

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 04:29:11 +0100 (CET)

Hi Rob,

> I have a player who was ceded a Barony in Sylangi land by King Broyan
> during the seige. The player has a mind to attempt to claim his barony
> in 1621,. Has anyone got any info on the Sylangi. I have Barbarian
> Adventures, but any other sources around?

I think the Whitewall list and wiki has discussed most of that. There may have been some more discussion on the Wilmskirk list re: Kultain clans, but if Broyan granted the barony, it would have had to be on pre-1621 Sylangi lands.

I'm a bit curious about the nature of that grant. Is this a case similar to Baron Sanuel (whose grant was given by the Lunars)? Normally, Broyan's position as a Vingkotling king wouldn't enable him to grant feudal land.

Most Sylangi were not supporting Broyan, so this grant may have been pique at their backstabbing.