Re: Broyan's household

From: Denethor Hurin <sinherit_at_...>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 00:59:55 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for the repost. ^_^

A few random stream-of-consciousness comments and questions come to mind...

Vestalanth,
> Voice of Whitewall, spoke for Broyan;

Presumably a Lhankor Mhy lawspeaker since the Sages of Whitewall were supposed to be especially gifted with rhetorical skills and rhetoric in Classical times was of use only if you intended a career in Law.

"Dinvara the
> heartless Chalana Arroy priestess."

How did she get the name heartless? Was she a Spock-type or somebody who invented/implemented triage procedures? Did she come across as coldblooded to laymen when talking about biology? Or was she some sort of sociopath who was clever enough to stay within the rules but never did anything the rules didn't insist on?

"Korlmhy the Troublesome
> Poet, was there."

Analogic to Kormak the Troublesome Poet from the sagas I presume. In that case we can use this to give him a doomed romance and a few bloodfeuds from casual killings that the players find themselves caught up in.

" Even the three famed foreigners were there -
> Gindaki, Champion of the Kitori,"

Aha! A excuse to bring in trolls. :)

"Dasvu the Urox Lord,"

Fullfledged Fury Jarl or did the praisesinger who wrote this puff up his rank? If the former than that might indicate Broyan some had some sort of Chaos eradication project in mind before he got embroiled with the Lunars. It also brings up an interesting question as to how much use he is in the siege since I presume he and his would mostly be off trying to do something about the Scorpian Man invasion and using Whitewall as a convenient base of operations at best prior to the siege tightening up.

"and Kestongari,
> the traitor wizard."

Traitor to whom? ^_^;

But this does undermine the "There can't be knights in Whitewall because the Volsaxi wouldn't accept Malkioni" thesis. Then again he might be the exception that tests the rule.

Anyone else have some thoughts on the matter?

Do You Yahoo!?