Re: Re: Delayed welcome - new member

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 12:33:01 +0000 (GMT)

> Have posted my first visions of the siege on our
> website - a snapshot
> of the first night assault.be?"
>
> anyway, http://runequest.journalspace.com

What a wonderful bit of writing!

I'll have to compare with some bits Donald and I were working on, also about an assault on Tarkalor's Gate but several seasons later, and see if there's any inconsistencies, but nothing springs to mind at present.

You've got the enemy approaching mainly by the bridge, with added siege ladders elsewhere, right? I'm looking for specific concrete bits of layout and not finding much... towers alongside the Gate? Fine.

Where are your heroes actually standing? I'm having problems visualising it.

We had fighting platforms at the tops of the walls, above the Gate, and shelters further inside the Gate complex. One assault involved magic and
artillery-thrown Sticky Stuff being used to blast the Gate down while leaving the stonework intact, followed by an immediate assault. A later one made it clear that missile fire from outside the walls (troll slings) could be a serious danger to anyone standing on top of the Gate, and a warband goes outside the gates and walls to chase the trolls away.

I don't think we have any clashes, do we? Donald?