Re: Re: Delayed welcome - new member

From: donald_at_...
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2008 22:58:37 GMT

In message <999775.85162.qm_at_...> Jane Williams writes:

>> In fact a regiment of priests/sorcerors with
>> Illusions would make an
>> extremely effective siege train, would they not?
>
>Possibly *too* effective. We want this siege to last
>more than a week.

If the Lunars could field a regiment of magicians they'd walk into WW. However they have only half a dozen field classes from the College of Magic in the entire region. Each class is about a hundred strong including support staff and I'm not sure how well different classes work together. Military trained magicians are rare and valuable so even Tatius can only bring the Seven of Vistur and maybe another class to the seige.

Of course there are plenty of priests with the various regiments but they're concerned with regimental duties and aren't trained to work with those from other backgrounds. Imagine trying to get a priest of Yelm to work with a Char-un shaman.....

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/