Re: Re: Delayed welcome - new member

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 10:02:39 +0000 (GMT)

Of course - that's the original point of the bridge, isn't it? Tarkalor didn't actually set it up as a backdrop for Heroic Fights at all. Any guesses how many spearmen fit into the same width as a wagon?

> The trick
> would be deploying from that formation to climb the
> ladders.

I bet!

> The Orlanthi could have
> course confused a Tarshite shieldwall regiment with
> a phalanx.

The Orlanthi might, I get the impression this PC knows better?

> Alternatively Jorkandros could create a vexillia
> around a
> hundred of the phalanx to inspire the rest of
> attacking force.

That's an idea. I like.

> As far as missile fire goes it's mainly a matter of
> getting
> the defenders to keep their heads down. Certain
> individuals do have difficulty with that concept.

ROTFL! This is ironic understatement, right?

To be fair, most Orlanthi seem to struggle with the idea of being unheroic, and on this occasion Kallyr did have very good reason to be out in the open. But yeah... in general... "illuminate battlefield" isn't quite the same as hiding.

Seriously, though, we did establish that the top of the Gate can be reached by troll missile fire.

> That and a lot of hyped
> up clansfolk standing around doing nothing explains
> the sortie.

"I'm bored, let's hit something" is no way to plan strategy, it has to be said.