Re: Delayed welcome - new member

From: Stuart Cogger <stuartcogger_at_...>
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 11:02:48 -0000

> If the Lunars could field a regiment of magicians they'd
> walk into WW. However they have only half a dozen field
> classes from the College of Magic in the entire region.
> Each class is about a hundred strong including support
> staff and I'm not sure how well different classes work
> together. Military trained magicians are rare and valuable
> so even Tatius can only bring the Seven of Vistur and maybe
> another class to the seige.
>
> Of course there are plenty of priests with the various
> regiments but they're concerned with regimental duties
> and aren't trained to work with those from other backgrounds.
> Imagine trying to get a priest of Yelm to work with a
> Char-un shaman.....

So no real support magic, then, beyond the incidental? That certainly makes things easier to describe and imagine. It also stops me having to wonder about the use of military illusions which Greg kind of dismissed on the WOG forum...
Still, I always wanted to describe a massive lunar assault using the full battalia...