Re: Dragonrise arc

From: John Patrick Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 15:29:54 +1100 (EST)

> Seriously John, while this is a great idea and I'm
> sure we could do it, one problem I've got is that I
> was working on the "official" version, I know roughly
> what was going to happen in it, and there were some
> great ideas there.

Not Dragonrise - the Hero Wars at a year by year, campaign by campaign level, starting after Dragonrise and sketching to the Fall of Glamour. Working the same way we did for Whitewall - start with KOS (which gives a broad interpretation of the entire century) add bits, change bits and create bits in the same broad brush, campaign focus way we did for White Wall. Create ideas for heroes - flesh out existing ones and create our own. Create new gods, lost gods, returning gods (Bags I Orlanth's sister - I already have the myths), apostate gods. Sketch out ideas for demigods & dragons, wars and genocides, betrayals and sacrifices, campaigns, catastrophes, sinking lands, collapsing boundaries, merging magic systems, dragonic wakings, trollkin crusades, mass Uz eatings, ghost armies and elven seedings, Mostali machinations, collapse in the Empire, rebellion in the 'liberated' lands, war and famine and enlightment and courage. With a focus on creativity and campaign. Use KOS as a springboard, not an inhibitor.

Will dig out my rise of Hero band notes ...

Cheers

John