Re: Inspiration over beer

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 06:42:33 +0000 (GMT)

> >And here at his fingertips are a bunch of Sartarite
> >leaders who can tell him exactly how that system
> >works.
>
> How they *think* it works! Can you imagine your MP
> giving a
> coherent explanation of how democracy works?

Even if he was inclined to tell the truth (and this is a politican with his lips moving).

>the Volsaxi see the newcomers as
> >having too much influence on their king and giving
> him
> >these radical "new" ideas - and they're quite right
> >except that the ideas aren't new.
>
> Actually some of them will be new - those things
> which changed
> to adapt to Dragon Pass. I don't know what they are
> but there will be some.

True, good point.

> >The other idea Nick came up was the question of
> >Broyan's age....

> I don't see him being less than 25 in 1620, more
> likely 30. He's an
> established leader not an impressionable youth.

I'd put him older, if anything. Kallyr is 34 and he dominates her.

> That would make him
> 18 in 1613. If someone like Mynarth Purple had got
> at him before
> then he might well believe all sorts of things that
> the Sartarites tell him.

Yes.... actually Minaryth is probably the most likely to understand what he needs, and the most likely to tell him the truth. But I can quite see Broyan being Minaryth's next "project". He'd tried to turn Kallyr into a competent overall leader, and failed (so far). His chances with Broyan are somewhat better. Was Minaryth part of this group, though? Or did he manage to stay in Jonstown? Need to check the Sartar High Council writeup (and possibly KoS) to see who got banished.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
The World's Favourite Email http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html