Re: Dragonrise arc

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:25:11 -0000

Sounds like you were doing the essential donkey-work - great to know somebody was!

> Are you ruling yourself out of this effort then??

Well, that post you quoted (and I just snipped) was over a year ago. This is still something I'd be interested in. Now, though, I've got another reason for not joining in: health reasons mean the amount of energy I've got to spare for writing and creating in general is limited, and I'm already over-committed. I'd be happy to help from the side-lines, throw you ideas, point out (and try to solve) problems, but I wouldn't be able to do any of the hard graft.

It occurs to me, incidentally, that one thing Donald and I have been working on recently never got mentioned here, and it's relevant to the group if not to this project. The Penelope Love books: "The Widows Tale" and so on. We've managed to reconcile her very RQ2 timeline and descriptions with more modern works, in a way that we think makes sense and has as few contradictions as we could manage, and it's been published in the latest Tradetalk. I'm working on that area at the moment, tying down a few more details in the process, and it all links in to the supply routes to WW in the early part of the siege.