R: Re: Tarkalor's Bridge

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 03:08:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Guys and Gals,

I would rule out huge boulders to reduce the gap on the bridge. It seems the besieged like to rush forward too, and not just defend and keep inside the fortress, so mobile defenses seem more likely to me: easy to put and remove at leisure. You don't need to stop tanks and caterpillars like in modern street blocks, but 'just' cavalry and the occasional shargashi company. The kind of barricades sported in the Thirteenth Warrior, I would guess.
Gian