Re: Re: Dragonrise arc

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 14:47:14 +0000 (GMT)

> Hahaha of course you are right. Greg made stuff up making all the other good things people
> had contributed wrong. It wasn't a revelation. It was a revision.

A revision in *his* game. No reason why other people should substitute it for whatever they were already using, where it clashed. It didn't make the existing universe "wrong" at all, it just clashed with it.

And we do need to know how the Lunars operate. They're the enemy, we need to know what they're doing. They'll have reasons for doing it (unless you buy the Stafford line that cause and effect are not related, and that's several levels of insanity too far), so we need to understand what those reasons are.

> Anyway, back to the Heortlings - I think we can agree the bench mark, the magnum opus is still of
> course Thunder Rebels, with Storm Tribe.

Yes, with the RQ3 Glorantha book for areas those don't cover, and with special reference to the "what my father told me" parts. Then add in Barbarian Adventures (except for the brain-fart bits that clash with everything else), and the Dragon Pass gazeteer. If we need to look at Pavis, it's RQ2 plus Ian Thomson, but I doubt if we will. Far Place stuff we go to John Hughes (again, if required).