Re: Re: Tunnels

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 19:57:46 +0000 (GMT)

> There's also a connection to Alkoth down there. However it isn't
> a physical one, it's opened by ritual - from the Alkoth side.

This is the one that dumps a load of berserkers from Hell in the middle of the Humakti temple?

Yes, I plan on using that - or rather, a rather surprising alternate HQ route to it - in Swords, if we ever get to that bit of plot. Quite why a Vingan HQ seems to intersect with it is a mystery to all concerned.

> I've written a story involving a more general purpose ability to
> move underground. It starts from an Ernaldan temple and involves
> Ernalda asking Ty Kora Tek permission to use her secret routes
> through the earth. Significant sacrifices required and not
> particularly safe.

Sounds good. Nice one-off use, its existence doesn't impact other bits of plot or strategy.

> Exit points in various places, some safe and
> others not so safe - the one in Boldhome is probably in the
> basement of the Imperial Governor's palace.

Unless we can come up with anywhere even more "interesting" :)