Re: Re: Tunnels

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 21:32:52 GMT

In message <180348.14886.qm_at_...> Jane Williams writes:

>> > They went through the south gate, and through secret ways which
>> >only they knew.
>
>> From a literal perspective: Is there a southern gate on Whitewall?
>> If not, what's on the sourthern side?
>
>Let me check.. aaargh, the map on the Wiki is a broken link! Looks
>like it still points at John's old site, and he moved to a new URL
>ages ago now.

Fortunatly I downloaded the maps. The neighbourhood map doesn't indicate North but orienting it with the others shows Tarkalor's gate being the southern gate and that leads straight into the Lunar camp. However from Tarkalor's gate a path leads to another gate in the main city walls. The secret ways presumably lead down into the ravine that Tarkalor's bridge crosses and then away.

>Broyan and co were hiding out in some spare Short World afterwards,
>weren't they? Some king's hall that was terribly cold: I should know
>this, and my memory is going blank on me.

I remember mention of this but not much in the way of details. My impression was that most people left well before the final assault and Broyan left with his bodyguard and maybe a few others at the last minute by going to the short world.

Is it perhaps an otherworld copy of the King's hall in WW and the only way in and out is through the mundane world one? So he has to wait until the Lunars have scaled down their presence before he can sneak out past them. It's cold because it's winter and Orlanth is dead.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/