Re: Maps - Wiki trouble!

From: jorganos <joe_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:38:57 -0000

Jane Williams

>> On a related note, the labyrinth of lesser bridges leading to
>> Tarkalor's Bridge could be done with Sketchup. The one for the Death
>> Star flight scenes...

> "Sketchup"? Is that the Google thing that I've never figured out how to work?

The software is easy to work with. The model of Pavis wasn't in any workable format, though.

There wasn't too much in the model, either - as usual, terrain had been ignored, which doesn't work in a place which has a steep slope up to Rich Hill.

Anyway, designing canyons and narrow gaps bridged by short arches should work just fine with the software. Getting useful textures for rock and moss might be a challenge, but with any luck someone can export the wireframe model, and some other (VRML?) software might be able to insert textures. This is getting off-topic for this list, though...