Re: Re: Maps - Wiki trouble!

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:49:02 +0000 (GMT)

 >> On a related note, the labyrinth of lesser bridges leading to

>> Tarkalor's Bridge could be done with Sketchup. The one for the Death
>> Star flight scenes...

> > "Sketchup"? Is that the Google thing that I've never figured out how to work?

> The software is easy to work with. The model of Pavis wasn't in any workable format, though.

Ah! I wondered what I was doing wrong, and since that was the only time I've ever tried to use it, and the author of Pavis ignored questions about how to get it to work....

> There wasn't too much in the model, either - as usual, terrain had been ignored, which doesn't work in a place
> which has a steep slope up to Rich Hill.

Definitely not! Been there, modelled that.

> Anyway, designing canyons and narrow gaps bridged by short arches should work just fine with the software.
> Getting useful textures for rock and moss might be a challenge, but with any luck someone can export the
> wireframe model, and some other (VRML?) software might be able to insert textures.
VRML is a format, not a program, the SW I use to edit it is Notepad... but yes, I expect something could be done. I think John's had more experience than I have with landscape textures recently.

>This is getting off-topic for this list, though...
(looks round for an upset owner/mod... that would be you and me and possibly John....) - no, if we're discussing ways of expressing WW, carry on. Or move to the Glorantha 3D list if you like, the owners of that are unlikely to object either.