Re: Re: Maps - Wiki trouble!

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd01_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 09:17:48 -0500

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 7:49 AM, Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote:
> (looks round for an upset owner/mod... that would be you and me and possibly John....) - no, if we're discussing ways of expressing WW, carry on.

Then I'm going to suggest switching to Google Groups, which at least can be accessible to search engines - and it's files are accessible from the link without logging in (just tested this feature). Among other things, I hate having to log in to Yahoo and deal with its slow, ad-infested interface to get to a file. The invisibility to search is another annoyance - how else is anyone who doesn't already know about the group going to find it?

I've taken the liberty of creating a Whitewall Google group. Right now, this is just a test - if this group of people doesn't want to move, I'll delete the group - no problem there. I'm the owner, but I will gladly add managers, delete it to let someone else create one, or whatever TPTB want. I don't know how long it will take for it to be indexed, but in the meantime, you can see a publicly accessible list by searching for "R'lyeh-Report".