Re: Widows Tale

From: donald_at_...
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 00:18:42 GMT

In message <289119.21198.qm_at_...> Jane Williams writes:

>> Probably only a minor nuisance to Broyan and Kallyr whatever she
>> thinks.
>
>> I rather think Tatius gets rid of her somehow before the end of
>>the siege.
>
>I suspect she's more of a nuisance to Tatius than she is to Broyan.
>Getting rid of her may well be a job for some PCs. Merely killing
>her doesn't seem to be enough, though - Kallyr's already done that
>once.

Well a personal healing priestess with the ability to reverse death does help.

Probably Tatius would find a way to keep the healer occupied elsewhere while CG led an assault on WW. If the defenders didn't kill her there would be a "friendly fire" incident. And somehow her body wasn't recovered in time. He would be very careful not to be implicated because he wants Earth-Sapper to work for him.

>I can't find the exact wording that went into Tradetalk, but.... in
>one of those earlier attacks on WW, sometime between 1613 and 1618,
>there was the Crimson Griffin watching the siege, with her pet mammoth
>to hand. She believed she was far enough away to be safe. "They couldn't
>hit the mammoth at this distance", was what she was trying to say, when
>she was rudely interrupted. Kallyr didn't exactly miss, but she missed
>the mammoth. "Mile Throw Javelin" is very useful, when backed up by
>enough Rigsdali magic to be able to *aim* at a range of a mile.

1617 during her first attempt at taking the city.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/