Re: Re: Maps - Wiki trouble!

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd01_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 12:44:31 -0500

Sorry, gone for a while.

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...> wrote:

>> Then I'm going to suggest switching to Google Groups,
>
> er.. what? As a replacement Wiki? As a place to discuss 3D graphics? I know nuffin about Google Groups, as yet.

Replacement for Yahoo.

>> which at least can be accessible to search engines
>
> this isn't? It used to be.... yes, public access to archive, it *should* be searchable...

Then I was wrong. I started with "Whitewall" and tried a few other searches and didn't come up with anything besides the runegate.org pages.

===

For full disclosure, I dislike Yahoo - and I find Google groups so much easier to use that I'm happy to have an alternative.

Therefore, I am only proposing the Google group as a more versatile, more accessible alternative to Yahoo.