Re: RL language n' stuff...

From: Douglas Seay <douglas-seay_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 02:15:15 -0400

Jane Williams wrote about Americans and Julius Caesar:
> From what Chris was saying, would the Americans know that much??

We know he made a really good salad.

Yes, most people know the basics. Both from History and English class.  I had to read Billy Shakespeare's play. I doubt if all that many remember much a decade later, but they were exposed.

Geek that I am, most years I make a reference or two about the Ides of March. Unfortunately I have never found anyone who recognized it. But that was true when I lived in France too, so maybe it is more obscure than I think.