Re: Wagons

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:57:46 +0100 (CET)

Me:
>> Yes. Wagons will be used for traffic across the Pass, but not for trade >> between clans or even tribes.

Jane:
> I'm pretty sure there *are* ritual reasons to have a wagon. Isn't every
> Orlanthi priest obliged to have one?

> Yes, looking at the version in River of Cradles, p159: "The priest must
> own a cart to carry the necessary paraphenalia for services. This cart
> must be at least two-wheeled, and drawn by at least two oxen."

Talk about obscure requirements...

> Two oxen? That's quite some cart! What's he carrying around, a portable
> stone circle?

Almost. My guess are massive wooden posts carved in the likeness of the gods, to be planted around the worship site on the hilltop. Which bears the question how much good that cart will do, reaching the hilltop...

Still, a two-wheeled cart is different from a four-wheeled traders' wagon requiring 4 to 8 draught beasts.