Re: Wagons

From: Douglas Seay <douglas-seay_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 21:20:52 -0400

Jane Williams wrote:
>>> Yes, looking at the version in River of Cradles, p159: "The priest must
>>> own a cart to carry the necessary paraphenalia for services. This cart
>>> must be at least two-wheeled, and drawn by at least two oxen."

>> Still, a two-wheeled cart is different from a four-wheeled traders' wagon
>> requiring 4 to 8 draught beasts.

> It is, and I rather doubt if the priest's wagon would be available for loan to a trader.
>
> That "at least two-wheeled" bit puzzles me. Who would try to have a cart with less than two wheels? Why? And if they managed to succeed in having a working cart with less than two wheels, what's wrong with that?

My guess is that it the practical variant of the historical war chariot.

I've never read RoC, so I have to wonder if that requirement applies in Sartar or not. I'd think not, because I don't remember seeing anything like that in KoS. Having a chariot could be useful in some ceremonies, but I doubt if it is typical.