Re: Chilly kings' halls as bomb shelters

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 22:37:22 +0000 (GMT)

Me:

>> >Broyan and co were hiding out in some spare Short World afterwards,
>> >weren't they? Some king's hall that was terribly cold: I should know
>> >this, and my memory is going blank on me.

> Jonstown Compendium #1,483
> What Alfgar Whitecloak, chieftain of the Gray Fox Clan of the Sambari,
> heard from a man in Backford:

<snip>
> Sounds pleasant and hospitable :)

Joerg:
> All you need is a bit of Ernalda magic - the trick Ivarne Frozen Woman
> used to survive the Darkness until rescued by Heort.

Ernaldan magic, here used by what seems to be a predominantly male group? Could be, I suppose. I can't remember what that trick was: do we know?

> Of course, that implies you have a rescuer (who will marry the rescuee
> afterwards?). Which might be the task of a player character (in either position).

But from the look of the description this *is* Heort's Hall. He can't be both hall-owner and rescuer, can he?

trying to find the Heortt/Ivarne myth...

http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~BLUEMAGI/Heort&Ivarne.htm

ZinLetters #3 and the Sweat lodge article http://zin.kalikos.org/Zin_Letters_3_Teaser_-_Orlanthi_Sweat_Lodges.pdf

Storm Tribe:
"Heort freed Ivarne from the Ice Tomb where enemies had imprisoned her a hundred generations earlier."
Am I missing a more complete version somewhere?