Re: Chilly kings' halls as bomb shelters

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 15:07:21 +0200 (CEST)

Jane Williams

> Donald:
>> Here's an idea. This is Heort's hall while Ivarne is still imprisoned
>> and the HQer who ends up here has to perform the HQ of rescuing her.
>> Doesn't explain how they survive until then.
>
> Joerg:
>> "It's what Heort does." Simple success, according to the HW games I
>> played
>> with Greg.
>
> That explains approximately nothing. "Simple success"? How? Why?
> Handwaving and ignore it?

The idea behind this: as you identify with your role model on a heroquest, what would be the ordinary task of your role model becomes something you would not normally fail at. A similar logic is behind e.g. the Storm Bull part in the Issaries/Lkankor Mhy quest in the KodP game.

Sorry that I was short and snide, that's what less than 2 hours sleep do to your writing.