Re: Chilly kings' halls as bomb shelters

From: donald_at_...
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 01:38:13 GMT

In message <107602.47941.qm_at_...> Jane Williams writes:
>> Joerg:
>>> "It's what Heort does." Simple success, ...
>
>> The idea behind this: as you identify with your role model on a heroquest,
>> what would be the ordinary task of your role model becomes something you
>> would not normally fail at. A similar logic is behind e.g. the Storm Bull
>> part in the Issaries/Lkankor Mhy quest in the KodP game.
>
>Well, maybe... but that makes it impossible to ever fail at any heroquest.
>I'd give a bonus for following the footsteps correctly, but not an
>automatic success.

I think the point is that you succeed or fail HQs at stations. Anything else is background so becomes an automatic success.

>It still leaves the question of how Heort does it. Whatever he did, you
>do that, sure: but what?

Might be as simple as "endure cold". It could easily be a short world where you don't *need* to eat or drink. You spend the time in prayer because that's the most useful thing to do.

>Sounds more like it was Greg being short to the point of uselessness,

Or just running a game and not explaining anything.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/