Re: Re: Lanbril in Whitewall and Pavis

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_...>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 23:42:35 +0200 (CEST)

Jane
>> If there exists a magical trap/alarm, in Pavis, designed to go off if
>> anyone but an initiate of Lanbril triggers it, would it register someone
>> who was a Whitewall Lanbril cultist?

A rather unlikely condition - usually any Lanbril gang will guard itself against both outsiders and rival Lanbril gangs.

Rob
> Not in my game. But then I dont like this WW Lanbril, Sartar Lanbril,
> Pavis Lanril....At higher magical level then any Lanbril is all Lanbril.
> IE Lanbril does not make the distinction himself.

This would mean access to a holy site, and an alarm created not by the gang but by an enlightened priesthood to the Greater Lanbril (similar to Greater Donandar). Rare.

> But then, Lanbril is not a herocult a la The Blackfang Brotherhood. Unless
> it has been demoted since the last time I looked...

Lanbril is a bunch of herocults, the sum being a lot more than just a few hero cults, but the individual group of cultists being just that. Lanbril cult heroes may be able to coordinate several gangs into a larger action, but I think that's rare.

Black Fang might be a Lanbril hero cult. I don't quite remember, having never played in Pavis.