Re: Re: Lanbril in Whitewall and Pavis

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 05:47:08 +0000 (GMT)

Jane

>> If there exists a magical trap/alarm, in Pavis, designed to go off if
>> anyone but an initiate of Lanbril triggers it, would it register someone
>> who was a Whitewall Lanbril cultist?

Joerg:
> A rather unlikely condition - usually any Lanbril gang will guard itself
> against both outsiders and rival Lanbril gangs.

Did I say this was the only trap or guard? I thought not....

Rob

>>  Not in my game. But then I dont like this WW Lanbril, Sartar Lanbril,
>>  Pavis Lanril....At higher magical level then any Lanbril is all Lanbril.
>>  IE Lanbril does not make the distinction himself.

Joerg:
> This would mean access to a holy site, and an alarm created not by the
> gang but by an enlightened priesthood to the Greater Lanbril (similar to
> Greater Donandar). Rare.

hmm.. possible, but I can't see why they'd bother under these circumstances.

Rob:
> > But then, Lanbril is not a herocult a la The Blackfang Brotherhood. Unless
> > it has been demoted since the last time I looked...

Joerg:
> Lanbril is a bunch of herocults, the sum being a lot more than just a few
> hero cults, but the individual group of cultists being just that. Lanbril
> cult heroes may be able to coordinate several gangs into a larger action,
> but I think that's rare.

OK, that makes sense, and I'll go with the more complicated explanation.

> Black Fang might be a Lanbril hero cult. I don't quite remember, having
> never played in Pavis.

Opinions seem to differ, but at the moment I'm assuming that Black Fang membership is a subset of Lanbril membership (mostly). The difference matters quite a bit at the moment, as a senior and previously highly-respected member of the Lanbril group has just found that his very expensive Black Fang guards have got all upset by his double-crossing one of their other allies, and said other ally has out-bid him. They're now trying to kill him, and the PCs are stuck in the middle of the fight.

Some of the BF guards at least have happily walked through this ward. We don't yet know if the others could or not, we do know that my original NPC (on the PCs side - probably) has walked through it.

OK, thanks, this whole problem now stops being relevant to Whitewall.