Re: Re: systems n' stuff

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 16:43:05 +0000 (GMT)

> > What I'd suggest we do is write it systemless.

> Not really on board with this. With HQ2 you aint getting stats anyway, which is difficult to begin with......

Well, that's how HQ2 works. I know you don't like the system, but it does look like it'll work (I have yet to playtest the full thing, though).

> A game should have some sort of stats.

That will mean expanding each NPC from a paragraph or two to at least a page, probably more. We could do the HW ones easily enough, a lot already exist. Doing them for HQ1 would be a step beyond that. RQ2 or RQ3? I'm not sure those systems work at these high levels. Other systems? Where do we stop?

Systemless is a possible aim for us: try to get numbers generated, and I think we'd get bogged down and never produce anything. This group has done quite enough of that already. That being said, if you want to produce stats, don't let me stop you...