Re: On being eaten

From: John Machin <orichalka_at_...>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 08:49:49 +1000

2009/8/25 Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>:
> Wanderiing vaguely back towards being on-topic... I've heard of all sorts of ways of dealing with the Bat, but not yet one that
> involved deliberately allowing oneself to be swallowed, and then destroying it from the inside. Thoughts?

Oh well, if you insist!

2009/8/25 <donald_at_...>:
> Which leads on to bat droppings - does the Bat leave patches of chaos
> all over the world? If so I reckon there's a big patch right outside
> WW for most of the seige if not longer.

There's a cadre of Eyzaali (or is it Ezyaal?) alchemists who follow the Bat, trying to to categorise the "entropic phosphates" found in it's guano according to the Book of Integrations. It is thought that the distilled energies may harbour interesting properties, and that they could synmbolically represent the transformative powers of the Red Goddess working through the Bat ('destructive entropy') to create Potential ('creative chaos').

Some say that this cadre are employed by those behind the Lory Island Project, but the members are tight-lipped even with those who are brave enough to approach these hard-eyed lead seal-wearing stalwarts. What is known is that many, junior, members of the Cult of the Bat find these droppings-obsessed scholars offensive as if concentrating on It's castings somehow lessens the proper awe of the Bat.

WW is probably a popular site for this cadre, post-Siege.

(ASIDE: Cult weapons of Eyzaal = the Crowbar?)

--
John Machin