Re: Mountains in Dragon Pass

From: lamorak33 <lamorak33_at_...>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 10:59:42 -0000

My only contribution would be to what we refer to in the UK as 'stating the bleedin obvious.'

Caveat: YGWV

When thinking of Gloranthan mountains I get away from the notion of 'real world' geological forces and activities. Therefore I am sure you can find all sorts of compositions of mountains structures, but they will be for mythological reasons rather than real world, because in Glorantha the mythological reason IS the reason, and not just a primitive society coming with a plausible scenario to describe a phenomena without the aid of any form of science.

For example ancient people thinking that you had to rub wood vigarously in order to coax out the fire!

I don't see that the moutains of Dragon Pass are much over 4-5000 feet though. Otherwise I just feel the rise would be just too precipitous.

I also feel that the high passes are way too dangerous, especially with all the renegade Valindi and ice demons such as the Hollri.

Regards, Rob