Re: Mountains in Dragon Pass

From: lamorak33 <lamorak33_at_...>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 20:03:39 -0000

This is quite possibly one of the finest rants I have ever heard.

Here, here, sir! Here, here!

I think that in the 'march of mundanity' much of the magic seems to have got lost and swallowed up in a maelstrom of anachronism's, real worldism and an attempt to represent classical or actual history within the Gloranthan fictional setting.

YGWV glory be!

In my Glorantha Kallyr is a kind of Luke Skywalker character. A classic heroic fiction mould.

For others she is a blood thirsty tribal warlord who thinks nothing of murdering women and children to get her own way, possibly a la Boudicca of history.

Some fall somewhere in between. Its not to everyones taste to have the hero's wearing white hats.

Personally I have always relied on the scale as shown in the orginal RQ2 rulebook, and find it perfectly acceptable.

The mountains of sartar do not reach alpine heights in my game, because its not required, just that they are big enough to be obstacles thatr makes travel both dangerous and difficult. Better to move round them.

I'm not resident on any other lists, but I would like to see this post on RPG net and some of the other gloranthan lists.

Cheers, Rob